So I haven't really been keeping up with my blog posts. I think that is how I should start every post--I don't keep up with my posts, my life is basically like the United States but totally different. I speak Italian. Oh and for God's sake people, please stop asking me how Italy is. Italy is a country, it is a piece of land and I don't know how it is actually because I haven't asked lately. As of right now there are people in my house that I don't know because I am upstairs studying and do not have the courage or the willpower to walk downstairs and attempt to speak. Sometimes I'm lazy...especially on rainy Sundays...when I have work to do and cannot make myself. That sounded mean, let's start over.
It's Sunday and I'm lazy. Tomorrow I am going to get up at 7 AM, like every other day...and I will struggle to enjoy the first hour or so of the morning because it will be dark and wet, and perhaps it will be cold. Then after I manage to jam myself into a very small spot on the tram, I will arrive on my street at my school building, I will go upstairs and everyone will be speaking English. Shame. I have an exam in the morning that I do not expect to have difficulty with...I'll buy lunch from the supermarket like I always do--sandwich/bread/yogurt/random craving. There is a great pizza place just down the street but it is closed because the two people that work there (there used to be three or four?)--are expecting a baby, or perhaps they already have a new baby. She was pretty pregnant the last time I saw her, but I would really love it if they were open tomorrow, just to make the day less rainy and, well, less Mondayish.
Good things: Angela just came to visit (yay!) and is now back in the land of crêpes (?) and non-gelato. Come back sometime Ange, when the weather is less wet and my life is less hectic, hopefully there will be sun.
Marly is coming to Padova in the spring!!!!!--that's all I have to say about that--(words cannot describe how much fun we are going to have).
Ehhhh. Basta, that's all I can say right now...I'm feeling very blah and not so tah-dah. I have two pieces of Italian Literature to read, one of which is apparently (according to my classmates) horribly long and boring, and I haven't started the other one yet. I'll probably write again tomorrow, I'll be more peppy, I think. I hope everybody enjoyed their extra hour of sleep--Happy Fall Back!
OH...things I forgot. I am working on letter-writing, it is very unlike me to not write letters, but at this point in time I only have thank-you stationary. We'll see how that goes. Mmmm please enjoy the beautiful MHC traditions for me, aka: Sunday Brunch, the first snow of the season, the various Christmas concerts. For those studying abroad in the spring--see you here! For the people staying behind, see you next year. Cheers and Buona Domenica.
No comments:
Post a Comment